Bored of tired and simple looking living room? Want some modifications in your room? Some can afford to call an Interior designer, but sadly not all. Then you might try to be your own interior designer and decorate your room. This article might be helping you in designing your room. In this article I am going to give you tips which will give your room an entirely new look. Now when you are the interior designer then you know what you want your room to look like. Open the window of your creativity and let all the ideas come out. Be your own interior designer! Then what are we waiting for? Let’s begin then.
- Inspiration: Inspiration can be taken from anywhere, whether it is magazines or design websites. There are many websites and you can surf through the internet to look for ideas for interiors. These websites may give sparkling ideas for your designing. Whatever you like the most go for it. Don’t settle for just one or two ideas; rather search as much as you can and after your search is complete gather all the information you have collected and see what can come out of it. You may get amazing ideas.
- Color play: Now when you have decided what your “future room” should look like, the next step is adding colors to your imagination as well as room. If we talk about colors then we must not choose only single, boring and dull colors. This is a bit tough and very creative task. You should know what color will match with your furniture, fans; electrical switches etc. you should mix and match different colors and set a pattern which will give a new and modern look to your room. Must remembered thing: colors must be chosen by the person who has good taste in this field. Go for bright and soothing colors. And tip for designing a room for study is, use colors like sky blue, yellow, white etc. as these colors are soothing and help them to focus on studies. For example, you can paint your room white and blue as it gives a very soothing and cool feeling.
- Texture: Textures? Well why not? Be creative and look for different textures. If you want a single shade room likes all white or yellow then this thing is a TOTAL YES! For you. It will give an intense as well as impressive look to your room. One should never stop experimenting and if it gives beautiful results the why one should stop? These textures must be compatible with your lifestyle. If you don’t have any child or pets then you can go for light shade sofa and pillows. Also there are different styles of electrical switches which may give a beautiful look to your wall. Don’t hesitate to go for different styles and textures and yes I am saying it again, don’t settle for less. Do lots and lots of search and then finalize the one which suits best to you.
- Furniture: Don’t rush with the furniture thing. First of all see the size of your room and then think what you want to have in it. A tip for a successful room is don’t, I repeat, don’t flood your room with all the big things. It will make your room look less spacious which is not our goal. The goal is to make a small room a spacious one! What you can do in this case is avoid too many chairs and dining table fixed together in the room. Instead, go for a big sofa and not much but few chairs and a table which may give it a spacious look. Try to combine small and big things which will give the exact look you want to see. And yes, the color of the chairs and sofa must be in combination with the color of your room. Like if you have light colored walls you can combine it with dark colored sofa. Go and try it yourself.
- Appliances: Not everyone mentions this point but I think it is as important as all other things in the rooms. Just think yourself how boring will you room look if you will continue with the same, simple and basic fans and electrical switches. It will steal the shine of your room. Give importance to all the little details as well. You can go and search for new electrical switches and fans with different designs and colors. These things must bend with your interiors but if it has an attractive look then it’s not harm in using that too. You should select the things which will go best with your room and it depends all on your taste so it’s better if you have a good choice in selection.
- Flowers: Now this is not a mandatory add on but it will give a beautiful as well as effervescent look to your room. Bright color flowers is a big yes from my side and please don’t go for artificial plants. It will not give you the look you want. And if you don’t like flowers or you are somehow allergic to them then don’t worry. You can try other stuff such as fruit baskets or decorative lamps for the final touch up of your room.
So in this article there are 6 tips which I have mentioned for you guys to design your room by yourself. Why to depend on anyone for your work? Get up and let your creativity and intelligence do your work! As I already said, “Be your own interior designer”.